Customer: DZSP 21
Location: B-642, Naval Base, Guam
Start: August 2013
Complete: September 2013
Scope of Work:
- Since the concrete floor slab was thicker than expected, 12″, Ian Corporation need to mobilize excavator with concrete hydraulic breaker to break the saw cut flooring.
- Another concrete was found during excavation 3′ below the natural grade line, wall footing will be chipped portion to free and have access of the fire suppression pipe riser elbow.
- Upon reaching the elbow, the sub-contractor need to break the existing pipe thrust block to have access on the leaking portion of the elbow.
- Opened the PIV in-order to identify the location of water leak which was on its elbow.
- Remove and pull-out the existing 8″Ø x 7’long fire suppression riser.
- Replace existing damage elbow 8″Ø x 8″long , MJ x MJ.
- Replace the existing rubberize gasket including cleaning of flanges and bolt holes
- Bolt-in the pipe riser as described in item#l.
- Test by opening the PIV before restoration.
- Restore the concrete thrust block, provide new bedding sand beneath the horizontal pipe.
- Restore the portion of wall footing.
- Backfilling work including compaction
- Restore concrete flooring including steel reinforcement.
- The existing 2 each 8″Ø pipe bollard will be installed 4′ from its existing location as per instruction from the POC during the site visit in-order to have ample space during maintenance of the riser.
- Painting of existing pipe bollards.